Football season and the cool-crisp weather (i.e. 72 degrees) has got me excited for fall and all the delicious seasonal produce that comes with it like squash, pumpkins (Hello, Pumpkin Spice Latte!) and apples. Today I baked some yummy apples for a tasty treat to satiate my sweet tooth. I hope you like this recipe and will try it this autumn to help keep the bikini bod rocking all year long even in the coming cooler months.
- 3 Granny Smith Apples
- 1/3 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/4 cup finely shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup raisins or dried cranberries
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Preheat oven 350˚F.
- Carefully remove just the core of the apple (I recently purchased an apple corer and it makes this step very easy)
- Mix all other ingredients together and stuff into the hole in the apple.
- Bake the apples in a glass baking dish for 40 minutes or until the apples become tender.